Close

South Foreland Lighthouse - National Trust

Science centre
View of the South Foreland Lighthouse, Kent, on a sunny day in August.

© National Trust Images/Solent News and Photography Agency

    • A striking landmark on the White Cliffs of Dover, this historic building was the site of Faraday’s work in pioneering the use of electricity in lighthouses, and was the first to display an electrically powered signal. South Foreland was also used by Marconi for his successful wireless telegraphy experiments in 1898.
Share This

Location