© © Bristol Culture
- The Georgian House is an 18th century, six storey townhouse that has been restored and decorated to its original glory. The house was built in 1790 for John Pinney, a wealthy slave plantation owner and sugar merchant, it was also where the enslaved African, Pero lived. It is displayed as it might have looked in the 18th century and provides an insight into life above and below stairs. Imagine the busy kitchen where servants prepared meals, taking a dip in the cold-water plunge pool and relaxing in the elegant upstairs rooms. Part of a Designated Collection of national importance is on display at this venue.