© chris talbot via wikimedia commons
- Brixham Museum & History Society was founded in 1957 to record, save and display the heritage of the historic town and fishing port. The Museum moved to its present location, the 1902 Police Station and Sergeant's House, in 1976. Our Maritime Gallery was opened in April 1990. Our collections include artefacts unearthed from the Napoleonic forts at Berry Head, maritime history and archives, toys, a Victorian drawing room and nursery, historic photographs and local newspapers. The Museum is also a Devon Record Office service point, with microfiche access to parish registers. We specialise in Family Research and offer access to family history and photographic computerised databases.