© National Trust Images/John Hammond
- The romantic and partly-ruined, Seaton Delaval Hall was built between 1718 and 1731 by Sir John Vanbrugh, architect of Blenheim Palace and Castle Howard, and is one of the most important historic houses in Britain. The Hall, its gardens and grounds in south Northumberland, near the coastal town of Blyth, was acquired by the National Trust in December 2009 after a tremendous fundraising effort by the local community. We hold regular arts, heritage and community events as well as children's craft and outdoor activities. Please visit our website for a full list of our events.